What's new

stereo sub output (1 Viewer)

StanB

Agent
Are there processors that can put out stereo sub signals? My Rotel 1068 has a sub1 and sub2 output and all it is, is just a spliter. Same signal goes to both subs.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Well there isn't any 5.2 material to process yet so most dual outputs in receivers at least would be 'split' from the single signal.

-however-

The Outlaw ICBM has 'stereo' sub outs in which you can set the bass management to take the LowFreq going to each Main speaker (L/C/R) and send it to the separate L/R subs (Left Main LF and 1/2 Centre LF to the Left Sub, Right Main LF and 1/2 Centre LF to the Right Sub). I guess this is what you are referring to rather than 5.2 mixes?

Not sure if the mid-higher end prepro's (Anthem, Krell, Parasound, etc) can do this but I would imagine some can.

StanB

Agent
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking about when I have a crossover set at 100 Hz, I'd like the < 100 Hz to go stereo to L and R subs. I wasn't really thinking in terms of 5.2 or 2.2.

Again, thanks for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks