What's new

Spider-Man Gift Set inc Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels, anyone have this DVD? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
is it worth paying $12.50 extra for this, the film cel, lithograph & reprinted comic?

I guess it would be safe to assume they'd come in nice deluxe packaging?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This is the first I have heard of this.
I was planning to buy Stan Lee's M3 yet never got around it, so now a must buy
Thanks for the heads up as well.
:D

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
alright Kyle, I'll word it differently, can anyone who has the Stan Lee disc, please give me an idea of it's content and how do YOU rate it?

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
Are the R1 and R4 Limited Editions different?

Here's info on the R1 LE from DVDFile.com

According to reports, box-office smash Spiderman has been pencilled in for an October 30th release, courtesy of our friends at Colombia Tristar, in two seperate packages.

One will be a release similar to the R1 and R2 UK versions, with identical specifications and features, while the other will be a 'limited edition collectors box-set' which will bundle the same 2-disc set with a copy of 'Stan Lees : Monsters, Mutants and Marvels plus the Spiderman CD Soundtrack in a spectacular fold-out digipack. The full specifications can be found below :

Widescreen 16:9 Enhanced
Dolby Digital 5.1Soundtrack
Audio Commentary by Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis and Kirstin Dunst
Audio Commentary with John Dykstra and Crew(Visual FX)
2 Music Videos
Weaving the Web, Pop-up Facts Track
10 Behind the Scenes Featurettes, including Sam Raimi Danny Elfman profiles
12 TV Spots
40 Minute Documentary - SpiderMania
25 Minute Documetary on the history of Spider-Man
The Making of Spider-Man
Outtakes
Rehearsal Footage including screen tests, CGI, Costume and Make-Up
Comic Book time-line
DVD ROM Features
Film To Script/Film to Comic Book Split Screen Comparison
Record your own commentary
3 Electronic Spider-Man comics
Spider-Man PC Game Demo
Screensaver
Web-Links
Interactive Menus
Theatrical Trailer
Talent Profiles
Stills Photo Gallery

In addition the specifications of the additional disc in the Limited Edition Boxset :

Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters and Marvels

Anamorphic 1.85:1
3 Behind-the-scenes featurettes
Joan Lee interview
Original poem by Stan Lee
It seems that they are totally different LE's, just the 2-disc movie is same in both packages.

Kelly W

Second Unit
To answer the original question, I have the Stan Lee disc and I love it. However, it is basically just a disc of interviews. Simply put, Kevin Smith asks Stan Lee questions about comicbooks, and Stan Lee answers. Nothing too flashy.

I REALLY like Stan Lee and could just listen to him tell stories all day long, so for me the disc is definitely worth it. If you are interested in Marvel Comics, I believe you will enjoy the disc. I paid more than $12.50 for the disc alone, so if I didn't already have it, I would certainly buy the gift set.

I hope this helps!

-Kelly

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Spider-Man doc is only 25 minutes! That was the only thing that made getting the disc worthwhile to me!

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I've just had it confirmed, the gift set is limited to 100,000 pcs and that it contained the Stan Lee Mutants DVD(hosted by Kevin Smith).

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Reg 1 from a Canadian distributor, straight from the Columbis rep's mouth(not sure if 100,000 is for Canada or whole of reg 1).

Rob T

Screenwriter
I already have it and I'm geting the limited collectorsedition for sure so I guess I'll be selling one of the away on eBay or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks