What's new

Speakers...Can I do better for my money than these? (1 Viewer)

EricE

Agent
First off, I finally am in clear with bills and have enough saved up money to make my purchase this week!

After all my auditioning, the best deal and the ones I know I could be happy with are PSB Image 4t for music listening. These will also do double duty for my home theater usage, so I'll be getting the Image 1b for my surrounds along with the 8c for the center channel. Total system price for these from my local authorized dealer should be about $800 + tax (b-stock).

Before I go ahead with this purchase, I'd like to know from you guys if I could do better for the money from a company like Axiom, Ascend Acoustics, or even av123?

I'm very tempted to buy the Image 1b and the Axiom M2ti to do an in home comparison to see which one I like better, and then send the one I don't like back. However, I'm not sure this would be the best comparison because in the end, I'll be using the Image 4t for music listening or something like the Axiom M22ti or M40 or even M50.

joe rizzuto

Stunt Coordinator
isn't it a wonderful feeling to be ready to pick up new equipment? if you like the psb set-up, then i say go for it. if it sounds good to you then that is what's important.
i have a psb sub and quite like it. your price sounds really good too. they make good stuff and if you happen to be canadian then you are also supporting the economy and utilizing your tax dollars as they were r&d'ed in the national research council facilities. (i believe)

EricE

Agent
Yes, yes it is a wonderful feeling. :) I just keep reading the wonderful review for Axiom, Ascend Acoustics, Swans, and Rockets and wonder if I could do better with one of those brands. Now I have looked at the packages enough at Axiom to figure that if I got the M22ti as my mains I could get a setup (through factory outlet) that would be even cheaper than my B-stock deal on the PSBs. A rocket setup using 4 RS150s looks good too.
Any suggestions?

Ben M

Auditioning
Hi Eric,

I thing your best best IS to buy from a direct seller such as the brands you mentioned.

I have owned an Ascend system for close to 2 years and it has been nothing short of spectacular and I am a major audio hobbyist/junky/addict and quite critical of my equipment.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I have the Swans and they are amazing speakers, I can only imagine how the Rockets must be. Even though a lot of these companies are internet base, I have found that there customer service is far better than the local stores.

I am a major audio hobbyist/junky/addict and quite critical of my equipment.
I didn't know I had somebody like this so close to me. Hi neigbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks