What's new

SPACE: Above and Beyond on DVD! (1 Viewer)

Justin Sallows

Auditioning
I just started a petition to bring this great series to DVD. Studios really pay attention to petitions. It's gotten us Willy Wonka and Cats & Dogs in widescreen, and perhaps even got N'Sinc out of Star Wars! If we really want this we can get it, but we have to work a little. The petition itself is very easy, just go to:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/SPACEAAB/petition.html
and push the "Click here to sign petition" button. To really get this thing off the ground I've emailed dozens of webmasters around the country to ask if they will post this link. I'm booted out of AICN forums and haven't been able to get into HTF, so I'd really appreciate it some of you would post there about this next time you're visiting. That would just rule! So help me spread the word guys!

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Justin, you need to make some corrections to your petition before it's ready to be signed.

"Several years ago I witnessed the coolest show I have ever seen on Fox, SPACE: Above and Beyond. The creators of the X-Files.."

Chris Carter, who created The X-Files (with the uncredited help of various Fox executives) had nothing whatsoever to do with S:AAB.

Glen Morgan and James Wong, who did create S:AAB (from an idea suggested by a Fox executive), did NOT create The X-Files. They were brought onto The X-Files after the pilot was shot and the show was picked up for series.

"took the basic concept of the "Starship Troopers" novel..."

Add in Top Gun and old combat movies...

"as well as some behind the scenes footage of filming. A Chris Carter commentary (at least for the pilot)

Again, Carter had absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with Space: Above and Beyond.

The commentary should be by Glen Morgan and James Wong.

-- Paula

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I should add that after Morgan and Wong joined The X-Files writing/producing staff, they did create many of the characters beloved by the fans, like Skinner and the Lone Gunmen. ;-) And they did much to flesh out Mulder and Scully.
:)
-- Paula

Brian E

Screenwriter
Man, you got me all excited with your topic header. :frowning:
Once the petition is up to par I'll be glad to sign it, although most internet petitions don't tend to go anywhere.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
X-Files Season 4 features virtually all of the SAAB cast in it :)
I have heard that Morgan&Wong are actively trying to get the show on DVD, and are working on doing it themselves if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks