Sony DVP-NS315 DVD player in stock at Crutchfield.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, Apr 25, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

For those interested in the Sony DVP-NS315 DVD player, Crutchfield has it in stock for $150. It plays CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and MP3-encoded CDs. Also, it is only 2.5" tall. It comes in black or silver. Here is the link:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VP315S&o=m&a=0

2. Shaown

Shaown Agent

Anyone know when the 715p are due to be out?

Thx,

-Shaown

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Shaown, I have not heard a release date for the 'NS715P. However, I didn't know when the 'NS315 would be available until I came across it on Crutchfield's web site. Check their web site periodically, as they have been adding a number of new products lately. As of this writing, they still have the 'NS700P for $300.

4. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

I saw this unit in Circuit City the other day but don't remember the price since I'm not looking for a DVD player now.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Westly, did you mean the 'NS315 or the 'NS715P? If you meant the 'NS315, I imagine it was $150, unless it was on sale. Crutchfield and brick-and-mortar stores tend to have the same prices.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

7. Shaown

Shaown Agent

Hi,

Thx for the info. I think I'll hang onto the 315s I picked up for 135. (was thinking of returning for the 715, but for that cheap, I can just upgrade later).

Thx,

-Shaown

8. Norm Strong

Norm Strong Stunt Coordinator

Is there a place where I can see what's on the front panel display? I won't be connecting this player to a TV set.

9. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Norm, Crutchfield has a picture of the front panel on its web site. Go here:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...15B&display=XL
    There are very few buttons on the front panel. The picture I referenced with the above link shows a black chassis, but it is also available in silver. Crutchfield has both versions. Finally, I saw the 'NS315B at a Tower Records in my neck of the woods yesterday, so you may find it at a store in your area.