What's new

Should I replace my Onkyo 797 backlight remote with Sony RM-AV2100? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought my Onkyo 797 receiver and I love the remote that comes with it, backlight, and macros, eight of them, and Mode Key LED's, but I can get a Sony RM-AV2100 for jsut $99, is that a good deal, Sony says it's $179 so I wasn't sure if I should jump on it, or if it is not worth it. I'm not into the whole remote thing, I guess i would only be buying the Sony for the COOLNESS of an LCD touchscreen remote :D . Worth it, or be happy with what I have?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
You can always get the Sony for ~$100, online.

If the remote from the Onkyo controls all of your stuff fine, I would stick with it. I have AV2000 and like it quite a bit. Not a lot of hard buttons, but I'm so used to it I can use it without looking for a lot of the functions.

The 2100 adds a nice amount of macros, more memory, and more presets. Still, you can get a Pronto for ~$200 these days, I'm sure... might make more sense to save for that, which is quite a bit more versatile.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I have had both the RMAV2000 and the 2100. Had a 2000 and sold it for more macro and storage capabilites but found that the macro settings on the RMAV2100 wouldnt work as well for me as the RMAV2000 so I sold it and got a 2000 again but have now added a Replay and a DVD that is not listed in the book and have used up all the learning memory space so I may have to get a Pronto or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks