What's new

"SCUM" Any reviews? (1 Viewer)

eric tengren

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this film in the Alan Clarke box. It comes with the BBC version and the theatrical version. this film is a powerful indictment of the British borstal system and Alan Clarke is a masterful director. I could see where a lot of the ideas in Bad Boys with Sean Penn came from.The disc by Blue Underground is a nice print of An uncomprimising , brutal film. If you like this one,check out THE FIRM,MADE IN BRITAIN,and ELEPHANT also by Clarke.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
The Clarke box is oop now too, so pick it up while you still can. It's an amazing set. Also, would I be correct in assuming that this new release of Sum is just the exact same two discs from the box set?

GregW

Auditioning
I'm not yet allowed to post a link, but you can find a full review at wiog.com...follow the link to "movieline" on the left side of the page.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Really look forward to seeing this. Is the consensus that the other films in the Clarke box are gone, or might they too see individual release?

Anyone ever see the Ray Winstone drama, from around the same time, That Summer? Some have called it a follow-up of sorts to Scum. It's never appeared on home video though and I don't know if Columbia released it all in the States. I've seen the soundtrack LP around for years...the stellar set includes Richard Hell, Elvis Costello, Ian Dury, Mink DeVille, Patti Smith, The Ramones, and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks