What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

SACD logo: drug art from the 1960's? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I just got back from Best Buy with a bag full of SACDs to throw in my Philips DVD963 when it shows up tomorrow: Bruno Walter Brahms 4th, Beethoven 6th; Szell Beethoven 3rd, Mendelssohn 4th; Bernstein Rhapsody in Blue; Spano/Atlanta Vaughan Williams 1st; Plank Floyd DSOM; Carole King Tapestry. Plus the Carlos Klieber Beethoven 5th and 7th; Tilson Thomas Mahler 1st are coming from Amazon. I'll have to see what all the hubbub is about in regards SACD.

One thing that got to me is the SACD logo. I didn't even realize it WAS the logo until I stared at it. It reminds me of the lettering used on those druggie-art posters for Jefferson Airplane and Greatful Dead concerts in the 1960's. Is this what the button-down suits at Sony had in mind??? :p)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to admit that logo looks pretty cool. And it's instantly recognizable (a good thing).

Dvd-audio's "Advanced Resolution" swirley logo looks decent, but they need to prominently put it on every disc & every player. (Easy) brand recognition is very important when trying to sell a new product.

LJ

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The Proctor & Gamble imprint is the sign of The Apocalypse. Uh-pok-el-lips. My upstairs neighbors—the ones I hated—have moved! My computer is well. It is well!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
The SACD logo is recognizable, but I don't like it. It's just a bit too abstract for my tastes. However, I've been able to look past it and enjoy the music. :D

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The SACD logo is terrible. It's barely readable. As you wrote Dennis you looked at it many times before even recognizing it.

Wanna see a cool logo? Check this one out:

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
There's always the possibility that 21st or 23rd century drug art could of been created in 1966 after a heavy trip and after watching Star Trek or vice-versa in any possible timeline, redundantly, of course. I could proably make 60's drug art in this timeline but, unfortuneatly, present day drugs are weak and ineffective.;) However, I have been contemplating wheather or not to paint the Gatorade Can...:crazy: ;)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I always loved the Marx Lennon Poster!

On Nilsson's Pussycats album cover is my favorite Drug art... Lennon & Nilsson as pussy cats standing on a rug with two toy blocks on either side.
D (rug) S

Jim_F

Screenwriter
There is so much in that logo, man. If everybody would just take the time to really look at that logo, there wouldn't be any, like, you know, conflict 'cuz they'd all be able to like see what it's all about for all of us!"

"Why don't we sing?"

"Well, I seem to have forgotten the key."

"That's alright, I've got a lid out in the car!"

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Dennis,
Thanks for adding the logo to the discussion, I may have glanced at it before or even taken a look, but I had never really seen it until now.

Jim

"Rococo! You slimy blackmailer! How did you get in here? You don't have a key."
"No, only half a key. I had to split it with the Sound Effects Man."

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Love the old Family Dog posters.

I think its really cool and appropriate given the great 60s music available like Jefferson Airplane (soon)
Yes, in which it will have it own designated thread I hope. Don't get me started on the Jefferson Airplane, I will never shut up. Brilliant

Ian Lascell

Agent
The SACD logo is interesting and creative. Tough recognition the first time, though. Because of that its success is debatable. The DSD logo on the other hand, is the simplist and coolest logo ever. I'm always impressed with how simple great design can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satimis
Recent bookmarks