What's new

RPTV Burn-in repair question (1 Viewer)

Robert Ma

Second Unit
I have a Toshiba 55" standard RPTV (no hd).

Currently, I do not have any burn-in. I leave my brightness / contrast down to 45. If I lower it more, it becomes too dark in my pitch black room.

I can't take it anymore! I have to start playing X-Box on it. I am paranoid about burn-in so I was wondering if the worse case happened and I burned in the CRTs, how much does this generally cost to repair??

It might be worth the risk if the repair bill wouldn't top around $500. The set is almost 4 years old now so it could use a nice tune up anyways.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Can't you play the games on another display? I'm very wary about using sensitive RPTVs for a video game application. But if you do, take the usual precautions as described above.

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Thanks Michael.
I guess I'll continue to use it on my regular tv in another room. No DD 5.1 there :frowning:
hmm, maybe its time to buy one of the Kenwood ht systems for another room....

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I just got Panny PT47 and have been playing Xbox on it. I am worried about burn in too, but my contrast is low and I limit my play time on games.

Main reason you want to use Xbox on your HD set...PROGRESSIVE SCAN!

The games are jawdroppingly gorgeous in progressive. Hell, many are designed for 16x9. Dead or Alive 3 is the most beautiful thing I have seen. Get the Monster component cables then hook it up to see what you think.

AS for burn in, as long as you are careful and vary the content used on the set, it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks