What's new

R.I.P - Naomi Judd (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Not my kind of music but I do have two vinyl albums of the mother and daughter duo. I love their version of Don't Be Cruel.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I remember being in a Sound Warehouse record store (remember those?) in the mid-80's when I first heard The Judds. They were playing an album over the speakers in the store as they did in those days. I heard a song and thought "that sounded pretty good". As I continued my browsing (probably in the Classical section), I heard another couple of cuts and was curious as to what I was hearing. I walked up to the kiosk where they had the current selection on display and saw that it was Rockin' With the Rhythm by The Judds. I bought the album and took it home and played the rest of it. I liked it enough to pick up their earlier album Why Not Me? as well as their introductory EP that had been released a year before. I liked all of them.

I do not even listen to country music as a rule, but the sound of their beautiful harmonies won me over. Sad to hear the Namoi's life was such a struggle. RIP.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The sad thing is, I don't think this is a coincidence. I don't think when it happened is a coincidence. Despite all the lip service, I doubt any true ground will ever be gained. People not only have a fundamental inability to understand, they are unwilling to actually try.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
People not only have a fundamental inability to understand, they are unwilling to actually try.
I wouldn't call it inability. I see it more as a lack of desire, especially when the individual is famous and/or wealthy.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I wouldn't call it inability. I see it more as a lack of desire, especially when the individual is famous and/or wealthy.
I've come to realize that a lot of people, maybe even most, react to this situation with deep resentment. Moreso when the individual in question has fame and/or wealth. The general belief is that the fame/wealth should make it go away, when in fact, it actually tends to make it much more difficult to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks