Please recommend some R3 only DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LennyP, Oct 1, 2002.

1. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

I don't have anything besides Battle Royale and Taxi movies from R3 and now noticed they have Besson's Wasabi with Jean Reno out and would like to get a few more DVDs in one order. What are some R3 releases that are not available in R1/2/4?
    Action/Sci-Fi and Anime are what I prefer :b
    I'm particularly interested in opinions on 2009: Lost Memories, the SE or LE 2disc set. Are the extras subtitled or interesting enough to watch without if not, and is the book in Japanese, I assume it is.
    And, Guns & Talks 2Disc SE, also wondering if the extras have subtitles and how good these 2 movies are.

2. YANG

YANG Second Unit

I have not heard anything about a 2disc release of GUNS AND TALKS yet.
    But a HK released GUNS AND TALKS with DTS surr is now available.

There is however,a 2disc S.E of SHIRI which contains both DD/DTS surr. Only available in korea.

3. James_M

James_M Stunt Coordinator

The R3's I've paid attention to are IVL's releases of Studio Ghibli's stuff and their Disney stuff (they have the Cantonese dub track). It was entertaining to listen to Mulan in Chinese. There's the latest Godzilla movies on R3...

4. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Basically all the extras on 2disc sets of Guns&Talks, Shiri and Lost Memories are not subtitled, so I'll be getting single disc/least expensive editions of those whenever possible, and in case of Shiri, just stick with my R1 sony release. The book in 2009 LE is 320 pages and heavy and everyone charges extra $15-20 just for shipping, so I'll wait a few weeks for a standard SE of that, will be half as cheap.

5. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Dark Water (Hideo Nakata [The Ring]) R3 by Widesight HK
    Go R3
    Godzilla vs Megaguirius (if you care)
    Happiness of the Katakuris (Miike Takashi) R3