What's new

Plate Amp for blueprint 1803??? (1 Viewer)

Greg P

Stunt Coordinator
I finally just about decided for certain that my diy sub is going to be a sealed 1803 with a Linkwitz circuit.
I was wondering what amps will work with this driver? Something tells me that the adire or PE 250 watt amp cant handle the load of this beast. Does anyone know a decently price ones? The only high current plate amps I know of are the Adire ones made by a European company, but theyre $500!
Does anyone know of any cheaper solutions?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,
Have you played with the LT spreadsheet yet? What size enclosure are you looking to build? The enclosure size and the alignment that you choose will dictate how much power you need. If you're building something along the lines of what Jack Gilvey is then I think you can get away with a lot less power than what I'm doing.
I don't remember what Jack's power requirements are but I'm looking at needing close to 2500W to get below 20Hz in a 4ft^3 enclosure with a "transformed" Fsc of 13Hz and a Qtc of .5. I don't know of any plate amp that can give me that type of power. I most likely going with a Crown K2 or a QSC PLX3002.
I think Jack's still looking at needing 700-800W with his 7ft^3 stuffed enclosure. Is that right, Jack?
Brian

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, in a LT you're talking some real power, that Adire 720w/4ohm plate might just handle it, but you can get a QSC RMX1450(?) for $500 which will dump about 1400 watts into 4 ohms bridged. You don't really want the Adire's runmble filter either, although you might need the other features.
For a LT, I'd rather go with a beefy pro amp. Even in my larger box, I'm over 1000 watts down low.
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks