What's new

Pixellation on Mits 55819 (1 Viewer)

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
I have a 6-month old Mitsubishi 55819. I love this set along with my Panasonic RP-91 DVD player. Lately, though, I've begun to notice what I can only describe as pixellation in the picture while watching movies on the DVD player. It seems to be more prevalent in the center of the screen. This is really starting to bother me.

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

It's not as bothersome on an average movie, but when I'm watching something spectacular, like "LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring", extended edition, it takes away from my viewing pleasure.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Bruce

Chris_JH

Grip
Try running two outputs into the Mits from the DVD player.......one being the one where you have the issue now, the other being a different format (i.e. the current one + Svideo and/or composite), then when it happens flip to the other inputs to see if it happens there.

I believe the component video circuitry on the Mits is separate from the non-component, so if it happens on both types of inputs its more likely the player than the TV.

Or try swapping out the DVD player for another (doesnt need to be high quality, just one that can use the same input into the TV as you use now).

Or, if you are using component, use the other component input on the Mits and see what happens.

The player might just have a little dust in it too.

-Chris

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Also are you going direct to the TV or do you go to a componet input on a reciever then TV if so, try taking the reciever out of the loop. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks