PARAMOUNT /DISNEY - produce trailer discs?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Caps, May 17, 2005.

1. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Dear Paramount and Disney home vid.
    How about producing discs of nothing but trailers for you already released catalog titles fo fifties and sixties movies.
    This will help you to promote those films and this will give us collectors a chance to get trailers for On a Clear day, Lil Abner, Half a Sixpence, the carpetbeggers, darbly O Gill , Pollyanna, third Man on the mountiain, Miracle of the White Stallions, Happiest Millionaire, One and Only Family Band.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Since this is addressed to the Studios, I am moving this thread to that area.

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

??....don't they "offer" enough Trailers on their standard DVD's already? I'd like to see less personally.

[​IMG] Just kidding.

4. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    A great idea! I'm all for this.

For example, I'm still scratching my head over the fact that, while the recent DVD of Paramount's I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (1958) didn't include the trailer, when the studio released a batch of catalog sci-fi, all at once, on LD in the mid-1990s (I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE, THE KEEP, letterboxed BARBARELLA, CAV editions of WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE and WAR OF THE WORLDS), the I MARRIED... trailer was made available as an extra on some of them (it was on the BARBARELLA LD, for instance). I can't imagine a "music rights" licensing issue there, as it's all routine dramatic music from the film (no pop tunes), the sort of thing that doesn't prevent, say, the trailers for THEM (1954) or THE TINGLER (1959) or CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (1954) from being included on, respectively, Warner, Columbia and Universal's DVDs.

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    It IS a great idea. Ca't imagine them prodicing such discs for such a relatively small portion of their buying public, though. If they would simply include trailers on each release, this wouldn't even be an issue.