Panasonic vs. JVC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew S, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

Alright, as for budget receivers for a high school student in Canada, I think I've come down to two choices:
    1. JVC RX-7520 - http://www.jvc.ca/en/consumer/produc...del=RX-7520VBK
    It's on sale at Futureshop.ca for $299 CDN. I AM however, having trouble finding some accurate specs on this one since the manufacturer's site only gives you the barebones features and the Futureshop site seems to be giving me false information I think (I find it hard to believe that this receiver does DTS-ES when it doesn't mention it at the JVC site).
    2. Panasonic SAHE70 - http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audi...tre/sahe70.htm
    It's on sale at Futureshop.ca for $279 CDN. I've read here that this is a fine receiver for the money.
    So if anyone has any advice or experience as to which receiver to get, I would appreciate it very much.
    Thanks, Andrew

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I wonder if the 7520 is the same as the 7020 offered here in the U.S.? The specs look awfully similar. Link to a 7020 here in the U.S.
    Keep in mind that JVC is owned in majority by Panasonic. If I had to make a choice, I'd go for the JVC. I used to own their RX-8000VBK which was one notch up from the receivers you are looking at. I only sold mine because I wanted Pro Logic II. However, it was a pretty good receiver.
    The '7020' will not do DTS-ES.

3. Andrew S

Andrew S Stunt Coordinator

Wayne, I was wondering about the 7020, because I don't see the 7020 listed at Futureshop, and I don't see the 7520 listed at crutchfield, so I thought maybe the 7520 was a sort of Canadian version or something like that.
    Andrew

4. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

I prefer JVC. It use to be JVC vs Technics, but Panny has dropped Technics from their receivers, now its just Panasonic. Both are part of Matsushita though