What's new

Panasonic vs. JVC (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, as for budget receivers for a high school student in Canada, I think I've come down to two choices:
1. JVC RX-7520 - http://www.jvc.ca/en/consumer/produc...del=RX-7520VBK
It's on sale at Futureshop.ca for $299 CDN. I AM however, having trouble finding some accurate specs on this one since the manufacturer's site only gives you the barebones features and the Futureshop site seems to be giving me false information I think (I find it hard to believe that this receiver does DTS-ES when it doesn't mention it at the JVC site).
2. Panasonic SAHE70 - http://www.panasonic.ca/English/audi...tre/sahe70.htm
It's on sale at Futureshop.ca for $279 CDN. I've read here that this is a fine receiver for the money.
So if anyone has any advice or experience as to which receiver to get, I would appreciate it very much.
Thanks, Andrew

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the 7520 is the same as the 7020 offered here in the U.S.? The specs look awfully similar. Link to a 7020 here in the U.S.
Keep in mind that JVC is owned in majority by Panasonic. If I had to make a choice, I'd go for the JVC. I used to own their RX-8000VBK which was one notch up from the receivers you are looking at. I only sold mine because I wanted Pro Logic II. However, it was a pretty good receiver.
The '7020' will not do DTS-ES.

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne, I was wondering about the 7020, because I don't see the 7020 listed at Futureshop, and I don't see the 7520 listed at crutchfield, so I thought maybe the 7520 was a sort of Canadian version or something like that.
Andrew

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
I prefer JVC. It use to be JVC vs Technics, but Panny has dropped Technics from their receivers, now its just Panasonic. Both are part of Matsushita though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks