What's new

Onkyo TX-SR702 vs. Onkyo TX-NR801 (1 Viewer)

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm kinda of torn between which one of these I should get price wise they are only $50 apart, but a problem arise in the features. The SR702 has PLIIx where as the NR801 doesn't, while the NR801 has net tunes while the SR702 doesn't. Otherwise they are pretty much the same. I did go down to circuit city and messed around with both models, but each receiver had diffrent speakers connected. Also the speakers were not setup correctly.
So what would you guys recommend.
Listed below is all the Specs and Features that were diffrent:

NR801 $598 SoundCity
Sr702 $649 Circuit City.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Chuck, How many speakers will you be running? If you're just going to have a 5.1 system, the N801 would be the way to go. However, if you're going to have a 7.1 system - and anticipate that you'll play lots of 2-channel material processed by DLP IIx, then the 702 would be the pick to make.

Finally, to mix things up a bit, the new SR-703 might hit the streets within the next 2 months. You may want to read up on what is going to be offered to see if it's worth the wait. Being that it's warming up outside, I tend not to use my gear as much and 2 months isn't a long wait like it would be in December-January. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks