What's new

Onkyo M-282 and and the harman kardon avr 65 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
john brown
I have recentally discovered the whole amp specially made for power thing. I am interested in the Onkyo M-282 and hooking it up to my harman kardon avr 65. However I don't even know how the two would hook together...shows how new I am. Can someone tell me how they hook together exactally. Also I read this in a review, "Ive looked at a lot of amps and prices, and no other amp offers this much power at this price. 100 watt min.rms at 8 ohms,125 min at 6 ohms for 250 bucks. Plus it offers onkyos signiture WRAT. (wide range amplifier technolgy)Its over sized guts are cased in a 20 pound steel chassis.It has ghost on features, plus like I did you can daisy chain to together, to have a total of 400 watts min rms driven in to 4 channels. Thats more than enough add in watts to upgrade any stereo system"

When it talks about 4 channels first off how exactally would that work when it is advertised as only a two channel receiver. Would the 400 wats be safe for most speakers or would it be unsafe for most speakers? Does this 400 wat 4 channel thing mean they four channels would all be like front or main speakers? Finally how do you think these two receivers hooked together would sound with a pair of cerwin vega at-15's?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
To use any external amp you need preamp outputs from your receiver. No preouts, no external amp.

These amps use basically the same amp section from their mid level receivers, so I would not expect them to be higher quality than the typical receiver. The benefit is, they offload the work from whatever receiver/amp they are used with giving you more total headroom. Not sure what daisy chain means, but I don't recall these amps being bridgeable so I don't think you can connect them together to one speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks