What's new

Onkyo 575x DTS Skipping (1 Viewer)

ChrisGlass

Auditioning
Hello all,
I'd just joined and would like to say hi to you all. HI:).
I am having some problems with my receiver and would like some help. I have a Onkyo 575x, about 9 months old, that for some reason seems to skip when-ever I run a DTS movie. I should clarify that only the soundtrack skips, not the video. My current system is as follows:
Onkyo 575x
Toshiba DVD 2710
Paradigm Mon. 7's v2 mains
Paradigm CC370 center
Paradigm ADP170 rears
Paradigm PS-1000 sub v3
Panamax DBS500
32" television (hoping to upgrade to HDTV)
I have tried different DVD players but to no avail. I get the same response.:angry:
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
If you have main speakers set to 'small' and have Cinema Re-EQ turned on, some (most?) dts soundtracks will have dropouts. Change either option and you're good to go. Onkyo's stance is that Cinema Re-EQ is a Dolby function, not intended for dts material.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
Not much to add to the thread other than to say that my 575x was having frequent dropouts on DTS material so I did a HTF search and turned up this thread. I checked last night and behold, the "Cinema Re-Eq" was indeed engaged. Setting it to "Off" cures the problem.

I didn't intentionally have it set to "On". It must have gotten switched somehow when I was rearranging equipment the other day. HTF to the rescue!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks