Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Title: One Life (2023)

Tagline: Save one life, save the world.

Genre: Drama, History, War

Director: James Hawes

Cast: Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Flynn, Helena Bonham Carter, Jonathan Pryce, Romola Garai, Alex Sharp, Lena Olin, Samantha Spiro, Adrian Rawlins, Marthe Keller, Ziggy Heath, Tom Glenister, Tim Steed, Samuel Finzi, Matilda Thorpe, Ffion Jolly

Release: 2023-09-09

Runtime: 109

Plot: British stockbroker Nicholas Winton visits Czechoslovakia in the 1930s and forms plans to assist in the rescue of Jewish children before the onset of World War II, in an operation that came to be known as the Kindertransport.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just saw this tonight as Regal's Monday Mystery Movie. In this movie Nicholas Winton (Anthony Hopkins) plays a man who led a British effort to rescue mostly Jewish refugee children in Prague in the months before World War II by sending them to England. The younger version of Nicholas is played by Johnny Flynn and his mother is played by Helena Bonham Carter. A friend of Nicholas's is played by Jonathan Pryce.

This tells a true story that I was very much unfamiliar with before watching this movie. I would recommend it to history buffs. I found this movie to be an interesting but not as good or dramatic version of Schindler's List.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I just saw this tonight as Regal's Monday Mystery Movie. In this movie Nicholas Winton (Anthony Hopkins) plays a man who led a British effort to rescue mostly Jewish refugee children in Prague in the months before World War II by sending them to England. The younger version of Nicholas is played by Johnny Flynn and his mother is played by Helena Bonham Carter. A friend of Nicholas's is played by Jonathan Pryce.

This tells a true story that I was very much unfamiliar with before watching this movie. I would recommend it to history buffs. I found this movie to be an interesting but not as good or dramatic version of Schindler's List.

They made an Oscar-winning documentary in 2000, narrated by Judi Dench.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

This was also the AMC Seen Unseen last night. Heavy and emotional material with a story I didn't necessarily know about before the movie. I think most, if not all, of my audience was crying by the end.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks