What's new
World Wide Stereo

New Onkyo TX-SR502 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Just thought I'd let you know that www.crutchfield.com has it up on their website with Pics & Specs & I also noticed it has DPL IIx & the "new" remote looks a lot nicer than the older 501's remote.

728x90

Bill Will

Screenwriter
No preouts but the 501 din't have them either & I don't know of any "Entry Level" Receiver's that have them.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
I got the Pioneer VSX-D912K at Circuit City for the same price Crutchfield is asking for the Onkyo TX-SR502. The Pioneer has preouts for all channels ;)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Greg, The Pioneer 912 is a "Great" Receiver & I'd rather have it over the Onkyo but that Pioneer model is no entry level receiver. If you check www.ecoustics.com they have a review of the 912 & they even picked it as the Top Receiver To Buy taking price & etc into account.

JasonBrandon

Agent
It just seems stupid to put PLIIx on a receiver with 6 channels of amplification and no preouts, or am I missing something?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
More likely it was the "Bean Counters" that decided to buy PL IIx Chips in bulk instead of buying 2 different kinds of chips but I'm sure the Marketing People did get their 2 cents in :D

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Bill Will, I was kind of hesitant on referring to it as "entry-level", but I've seen a number of other people who have referred to it as that. It seems sort of entry-level when there's receivers in the $1000+ range. My previous Kenwood receiver (VR-615) definately was entry-level.

The 912K is also in a threeway tie for the highest score at CNET for A/V receivers (8.4).

Bill Will

Screenwriter
By "Entry Level" I din't mean by price, I ment in that Brand's Receiver Line Up & I think that's what most people mean when their talking about "Entry Level" Greg how do you like your Pioneer?

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, I see where you're coming from now.

I love the Pioneer. It sounds excellent and has some nice power reserves that come in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks