What's new

Need a Pioneer CLD-D504 Manual (1 Viewer)

Jack D E

Auditioning
I recently purchased a used Pioneer CLD-D504 for $35 (with working remote!). It works great, but it didn't come with a manual.

Can anyone help me out with this? Even a text version would be nice.

Also, does anyone know what kind of external processor you need to use the AC-3 out? Or would a digital coaxial upgrade kit work better? If so, does anyone know where I could get a conversion package cheap? Would I need anything else (external DAC, etc.) if I went this way?

Thanks for the help,

Jack

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jack, you need an AC-3 RF demodulator for the AC-3 output. It only outputs AC-3 and only on those LD's that are AC-3 encoded. You'll use the player's analog outputs and DAC's for the PCM and/or analog tracks on other discs or for all discs. Only about 900 out of the 17,000 U.S. LD releases are encoded with AC-3. AC-3 discs also have PCM and analog soundtracks.

I wouldn't fool with trying to add a PCM/DTS digital output to the player. It would be easier to just buy another player that came with one. The Elite CLD-59 is a similar, very similar, player with a PCM/DTS coaxial output.

I think you should try out the format with this player and if you like LD, get a better player later. Best wishes!

TimG

Second Unit
Never mind, its too big and the mail bounced. I have a copy of the manual, but it is a big file. (All jpg's) It is from the site that James mentioned.

TimG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks