Need a Pioneer CLD-D504 Manual

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack D E, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Jack D E

Jack D E Auditioning

I recently purchased a used Pioneer CLD-D504 for $35 (with working remote!). It works great, but it didn't come with a manual.

Can anyone help me out with this? Even a text version would be nice.

Also, does anyone know what kind of external processor you need to use the AC-3 out? Or would a digital coaxial upgrade kit work better? If so, does anyone know where I could get a conversion package cheap? Would I need anything else (external DAC, etc.) if I went this way?

Thanks for the help,

Jack

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jack, you need an AC-3 RF demodulator for the AC-3 output. It only outputs AC-3 and only on those LD's that are AC-3 encoded. You'll use the player's analog outputs and DAC's for the PCM and/or analog tracks on other discs or for all discs. Only about 900 out of the 17,000 U.S. LD releases are encoded with AC-3. AC-3 discs also have PCM and analog soundtracks.

I wouldn't fool with trying to add a PCM/DTS digital output to the player. It would be easier to just buy another player that came with one. The Elite CLD-59 is a similar, very similar, player with a PCM/DTS coaxial output.

I think you should try out the format with this player and if you like LD, get a better player later. Best wishes!

3. James Pfann

James Pfann Stunt Coordinator

Jack, I think you can get a copy of the manual through email from this site in the UK.
    Hope this helps.
    Jim.

4. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Jack, sent you some email.

TimG

5. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Never mind, its too big and the mail bounced. I have a copy of the manual, but it is a big file. (All jpg's) It is from the site that James mentioned.

TimG