What's new

NEC 9PG Extra Projector for sale - very nice, high resolution, good price. (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
I have a NEC 9PG Xtra that I would like to sell. The Xtra is a terrific projector. The AVS Forum is a great resource for researching this projector, if you are not familiar with the model. A lot of the guys on the forum have them, so getting questions answered is pretty easy. I will also try to help, but a keyword search or two on the AVS Forum will usually result in helpful information. Anyway, here are the specifics.

The projector came out of permanent installation. I can’t recall the number of hours on the tubes, somewhere between 2500 and 2800. I’ll check again if you are interested. The projector appears to be in fine working condition. I have not done a complete setup, but I fed it various computer (video) resolutions for a few hours and worked my way through the menus/controls, and everything looks good.

I removed the lenses to get a good look at the tubes. Here is how I rate the condition of the tubes in this projector:

Red- below average wear, barely visible, if at all.
Green- above average wear, clearly visible, but no image burn. Thousands of hours of life remaining.
Blue- average wear, slightly visible, no image burn.

The cosmetics are very good. I have some digital photos if you are interested in seeing it. I have photos of the tube faces as well.

No remote control is included. We could work out a deal including a Pronto that is pre-programmed with Guy Kuo’s ccf for the XG series, if you don’t already have one. I think it includes all of the necessary controls, but you should confirm this if it is the route you want to take.

I am a senior member on the AVS Forum. My member name is "Jeffrey". I have crated and shipped 7 projectors over the last two years. References are available.

The asking price is $2250, which I believe is very fair. I will, however, consider any reasonable offer that you care to make. I charge $100 to build a very sturdy, reusable crate. You will have to pay actual shipping. To save on crating and shipping, we could work something out for Chicago, St. Loius, Kansas City, or the Twin Cities.

Jeff
Iowa City, IA
(319) 338-3044 (home), if you want to discuss it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
Oops. If you are searching for info on this projector, the model is 9PG Xtra, not Extra like I stated in the thread title.
Let's make a deal.

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to Chicago this weekend. I could deliver the projector for free if by some chance someone in Chicago is interested. I won't be able to return emails from Friday eve. until Monday morning.

Thanks for looking. This projector has a great performance/price ratio. Someone please buy it. It is sitting on the floor of my family room, and I (my wife) want(s) to sell it asap.

Jeffrey S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. This projector is still available. It is a very nice, high-resolution projector. I am willing to deal on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks