What's new

NAD T752 Loses 'Signal Lock' From STB When Changing Channels (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
More than 50% of the time, when I switch channels from my 'favorites' menu on my Hughes 86 STB, the receiver loses audio. If I simply hit the receiver's 'surround mode' button that switches between stereo, DD, DPL, etc., the audio comes back. I can then revert back to Dolby Digital and everything is fine- until I change the channel again.

Details: This does not seem to happen when just using the channel up/down button. The STB has only optical audio outs. It seems to happen only on 5 channel signals.

Any thoughts? I can't determine whether this is an issue with the receiver or STB. Thanks...

kevitra

Second Unit
The same receiver caused problems with my Rotel 1055. But, my DirecTiVo also caused problems with my Rotel 1055.

I now have a T762 and it is fine with the E86, even when using the favorites. It is hard to say which device is at fault. Does your 752 have the newest firmware?

James Edward

Supporting Actor

Good question. I'll have to research what is the latest firmware available. Then how to update it!

Kevin- I looked at your HT setup. Nice.

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin:

I also looked at your HT set-up. A friendly tip, IMHO you should go directly to www.audioadvisor.com and look up some real good and stable stands for those magnificent Sapphires. They were wobbling in all the pictures. :D

JaimeB

Mike_Gr

Stunt Coordinator
Kev,

Nice setup. I am curious....why did you choose Axiom QS4's for surrounds? How do you like them?

kevitra

Second Unit
Hey guys, sorry for the very late reply.

Jaime - I have new stands for my Sapphires. They have a very large base and are very sturdy.

Mike- I went with the QS4 because A) they were small (WAF), and B) they were relatively cheap and sound good. My primary focus is 2 channel audio - HT is just along for the ride. I wanted bang-for-buck, so I went with the Axioms. I've been pleased with them.

I need to take new pics. My receiver is different, I have a new CDP (Music Hall CD25), new tube integrated amp...lots of upgrading for little or no money (I almost always buy used).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks