What's new

Morrowind-bugs or "features" (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So I finally got into Morrowind, and it's sucked me in completely. Thanks to it, I've gotten almost nothing done on my Thesis this week, but I've found a couple of things that I really don't think make sense.

-Why does money "evaporate"? If I pay someone to train me, the money I pay them shouldn't disappear? Even if they don't barter with it, if I kill them I should be able to recover my funds, correct?
-The game can't give directions to save its life. I spent a LOT of time trying to find a cave or something based on vague directions.
-Again, why do all of the names have to look like they're written in Welsh? Just makes it really tough to remember who or what I'm going after

Some simple features to add:
-Show all active quests in journal (like in Torment)
-Be able to look at maps for other regions
-KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS (especially for persuasion training and bartering).

Otherwise, a fantastic game that I really have to finish so I can get my life back and my Master's done.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Some simple features to add:
-Show all active quests in journal (like in Torment)
-Be able to look at maps for other regions
-KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS (especially for persuasion training and bartering).
#1 Added with the Tribunal Expansion. There was a new journal system that allowed you to track completed and non-completed quests.

#2- Look around. You can find maps for almost every area. The Tribunal expansion also allows you to add points to the map so that you can easily find an important place again.

#3 Agreed and I believe there was some level of this added to Tribunal but not enough.

Sadly the Morrowind Gold Edition (which includes Tribunal and Bloodmoon) *WILL NOT* include the Map point adding and the new journal. It was deemed "not console friendly" :confused:.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Really, I hadn't realized that tribunal added features to the base game. I have it, but haven't instaled it yet since I wanted to finish Morrowind proper first. Maybe I'll have to fire it on there and check it out-how does it change the original game?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
how does it change the original game?
It doesnt. The original game is intact and pretty much the same. Simply adds some extra features that many fans asked for including the new Journal which sorts completed and non-completed quests, the ability to set your own points on the map. Tribunal also includes the capital of Morrowind called Mournhold and a whole new group of quests and one big linear macrostory for that area that can be done at any time. (though I wouldnt recommend it until your at least level 17-20).

Also Tribunal will update the game with the latest patches that add enemy health bars and what not as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks