What's new

MGM Re-master of "Zulu"? (1 Viewer)

Page

Stunt Coordinator
I know that a remastered version of this film is being released by Paramount in Region 2 (PAL) next month. If the release is decent, it should come out sometime soon in Region 1 (Then again, "The Italian Job" was cancelled/pushed back by Paramount for Region 1 so who knows what's up with Paramount and their releasing schedule.)

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
It's ironic that I suddenly find myself in a better position here in Europe, when it comes to classic Michael Caine flicks! I've had to order The Ipcress File and Alfie from Canada, back when there weren't any anamorphic versions of them this side of the pond. I guess that Paramount figured that there is more appreciation to be gotten for the films on the British market. Which is probably true.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
There are already a number of non-anamorphic "cheapie special" versions on the market here, so I'm afraid MGM feel that that a decent DVD wouldn't sell well - I'd certainly buy, however.

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
Right. The Criterion LD is superb. Barry's excellent score comes through with clarity, impact, and in stereo!

Frederic_A

Stunt Coordinator
It was supposed to be out in Europe on November 4th, but now Amazon tells me that the studio has postponed it by two weeks - so far.

I certainly hope that it lives up to my expectations. Barry's score is superb!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I own the Criterion LD & I'll be most interested in how the R2 DVD compares with it. I have the DVD on order with Benson's World.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks