What's new

Metal Gear 2's Dog Tags Promotion... (1 Viewer)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey gang,
Sorry if this should be in the official thread, but this isn't really about the game per se, but a cool promo that Konami did over the summer.
If you went to a Konami website, you could enter your name, age, sex, blood type, etc. If you were a lucky person, your name would appear on a the dog tags on one of the soldiers in the game. I glady applied, but never heard back from Konami. So I have no idea if I could be in the game or not. (I doubt it.)
Did anybody else do this? I'm curious, because I'd like to know if anybody on the forum heard back from Konami. Otherwise, I'll have to go hunting in the game in search of myself, and then shoot myself in the crotch and face.
biggrin.gif

-Jason

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I thought they canceled the dog tag promo. I don't think the names made it into the final game.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
That could easily be. I read about the promo in EGM and somewhere else, but had not heard/read it was cancelled. Anybody have a link that could shed some light?
-Jason

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm playing it, and names did make it into the game.
I only got one dog tag from the tanker, but I have around 20 or more at the plant. All but 2 are people not on the production staff or characters in the game.
I also did the dog tag thing and am still waiting to see if my name pops up. Then again, there are around 100 names or so, plus I'm not sure if they vary by difficulty (there are 5 difficulties).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I just finished the game and did some other stuff.
For each difficulty and each level, there is a different set of dog tags and names. There are 5 difficulties, two "levels," so there are 10 sets of dog tags. Each "set" has a different number depending on how many guards are set up in the difficulty.
In the end, there are at least 300 people's names from the contest in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks