What's new

Looking for info on new Kenwood Receivers (VR-606 / VR-6050) (1 Viewer)

Matthew Furtek

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I'm gonna be taking a hard look at the new Kenwood HTB-505, and have learned that it comes with a VR-606 receiver. I can't find any specs or info on the VR-606, but what I did find are specs on the VR-6050. (www.crutchfield.com).
From what I know of the HTB-504/544 line is that they used the $300 receiver with their speakers, and I am wondering why they aren't including the VR-6050 with the HTB-505. Hopefully the VR-606 has all the same features as the VR-6050.
Anyone know any specs on the VR-606?
Matthew Furtek

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered the HTB-505 from Vanns. (Yes, it's finally out, although they haven't advertised it yet.) I'll be getting it early next week, and will give you the scoop once I have it hooked up.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I heard a kenwood 2ch reciever yesterday on my Klipsch ref. and it was very bad! Are the bigger Kenwoods better?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I do not hate Kenwood I actually liked the older Kenwood product. But the new Kenwood line of receivers I would not touch with a 10 ft pole. IMHO I would look at other receivers like Yamaha, Pioneer, Harman Kardon, Onkyo. And I hate to say this even Sony. It depends on your budget and what features you are looking for. IMHO your receiver and your speakers are your most important part of your HT system. I would spend as much as you can on these two items. Let us know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks