Licorice Pizza (2021)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Licorice Pizza (2021)

Genre: Drama

Director: Paul Thomas Anderson

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Alana Haim, Benny Safdie, Cooper Hoffman, Joseph Cross, Anthony Molinari, Craig Stark, Zoe McLane, Fatimah Hassan, Skyler Gisondo, Emily Althaus, Charlie Townsend, Nate Mann, Bottara Angele, Grace Kennedy-Piehl, Louis Delavenne, Joann Coleman, Deana Molle', Joe Don Harris, Ryan Wicks, Rogelio Camarillo, Natalia Becerril, Nathan M. Hadden, Mary Eileen O'Donnell, Elton McCrudden, Patrick Salway, Lakin Valdez, Zachary Chicos, Devon Knopp, Tess Rianne Sullivan, Thomas John Rudolph, Collin Sutton, Eloy Perez, Mark Kirksey, Joshua Carl Allen, Gerren Hall, Steven Herrera, Brandon Koen, Richard B. Larimore, Paige Locke, Trent Longo, Rosie Valdiva, Sean Penn, Tom Waits

Release: 2021-11-26

Plot: Set in the San Fernando Valley in the 1970s, the film follows a high school student who is also a successful child actor.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
No idea if the title refers to the old store, it might, but it is a better title than Soggy Bottom. The trailer for this is completed and has been shown, I guess, in London. We should see it appear any time now. I think the release date of the picture above is not correct and they have this slotted in select cities for December 25.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No idea if the title refers to the old store, it might, but it is a better title than Soggy Bottom.
Agreed. My guess is that Licorice Pizza is referring to a vinyl record rather than a record store. Between being set in the 70's and the title, I think it's a lock that there will be a vinyl release of the soundtrack.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, the picture has been rated, R, and is complete. Apparently scheduled to debut at the New York Film Festival. And count on hearing this tune featured in the trailer...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The New Beverly in Los Angeles is going to have a 35mm print of the trailer. I'm sure they and others will have the feature in 35mm as well but I didn't know they even made 35mm trailers anymore.

Yes, the kind of interesting thing is the trailer is actually on film and so they can only show it at the moment where they have projectors that show film.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, you knew someone would do this once they discovered the trailer was showing in theaters but it was not yet on the interwebs...so, here it is, the first trailer for Licorice Pizza in, kind of appropriately, bootleg form...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The kind of fun thing about this leaked trailer is we actually see it being projected in a theater. This is cool in many ways and is actually an interesting way for this to first appear.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Universal has already had it pulled down on that link. When they said they were having the trailer, the New Beverly even specified on social media how they'd be watching the crowd to make sure no one was recording it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Universal has already had it pulled down on that link. When they said they were having the trailer, the New Beverly even specified on social media how they'd be watching the crowd to make sure no one was recording it.

Yes, they knew someone would, and obviously did, record it and post it. Just was a matter of time. I guess at the Alamo they were not watching if people were recording.

The cool part about it was seeing the theater around the screen. The bad part, the sound and image were not great because the guy was shooting it on his phone.

I would assume they will be releasing the trailer to the world wide web themselves shortly.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I like the trailer. It has an interesting vibe and obviously plays like it is selling a love story between two awkward teens. It looks like a sweet story for the most part rather than the odd love story at the center of Phantom Thread where poison makes your love grow stronger.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I liked the trailer too. The two teenage leads don’t have typical Hollywood faces. I’ll watch.
One is Alana Haim from the band Haim (I think she is actually in her late 20s) and the other is Cooper Hoffman, Philip Seymour Hoffman's son which is nice that Anderson cast him. He seems kind of a natural actor as this is his first film and I think he is 17 or 18.

Cool to see Sean Penn in this too (apparently being a Nazi, ha) as he was supposed to appear in Inherent Vice as Mickey Wolfmann which Eric Roberts ended up playing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have a 'rule' where I only watch trailers online and this trailer is severely testing that rule. Even though it's from a different studio, I hope the trailer is on The Many Saints Of Newark this weekend.

I think you have me confused the rule is you only watch trailers online but this trailer is testing that rule? Did you mean you never watch trailers on line?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks