What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Lens Mount Issues (Canon DSLR) (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I recently received a Canon 5D Mark II as a gift and I'm really excited about it. But there's a problem.

My prior 35mm SLRs are a Pentax K1000 that my parents owned longer than I've been alive, and a Canon Rebel T2. I can't afford new lenses right now, so I bought a Pentax K Mount Adapter for the three K-mount lenses I own: a 24mm prime, a 50mm prime and an 80-200mm zoom. I also have a Canon EF 28-90mm zoom, but it is not relevant to my problem.

My Pentax K-mount to EOS adapter works fine with the 24mm prime, but with the 50mm prime and the 80-200mm zoom it cuts off the bottom half of the picture, regardless of shutter speed. They also seem to shake a little on the lens mount. This affected the Rebel T2 and now the 5D Mark II. I can still take 35mm shots with the lenses on the Pentax without issue.

Is the problem with the mount or the lenses?

Edit: I took it to a camera store and they determined that a safety tab on the 50mm and the zoom that was not on the 24mm was blocking the mirror. They got it off for me. Now it works fine.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I really need more generous family and friends! -- and the D200 was released just in time for that.

Anyway, congrats on the great present, Matthew!

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oussa13
Recent bookmarks