What's new

landscaping work, reasonable bid? (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Here's a bid I got:

install 2 new sprinkler zones for the back yard, and run the drip line to the back of the yard so I can plant vines in the fence and keep them watered

Install 165' of french drain, 4 tons of pea gravel
my back yard is a muddy swamp, this is a MUST

install river rock along the side of the house (5' by about 50') , along the back (40'x4'), and along the fence (40'x1'), 6 tons of rock

Build a flagstone patio, approx 10'x14'
they'll have to regrade and do a bunch of crap I don't wanna do

for 3500 bucks my backyard would basically be done, all I'd need to do is reseed a couple areas and I wouldn't have to work my ass off all summer

sound reasonable?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
For the area of the country you live in, I would say that is a fair price. Of course, YMMV. Obviously, if you do the labor yourself, you could save a ton of money...I added most of my own l/s and rear yard sprinkler system this past spring. The labor was no picknic but it came out very nice.

Best of Luck...

Spencer M

Grip
Sounds about fair. Very good price for the sprinklers I paid $600 for 2 zones. I also did the stone patio 15x10 and paid $1100 but my landscaper got a deal on the stone and was nice enough to pass it onto me.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Sounds fairly reasonable. I would still get a 2nd or 3rd bid to make sure though. Phil, have you thought about getting a stamped concrete patio instead of building a flagstone patio? They can do some amazing stuff with concrete these days. We were quoted ~$4,000 for a 480 sqft area which equates to $1,162 for a 10x14 area. BTW, did your bid include materials? I'm assuming it did.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I had thought about concrete, but it's usually a bit more expensive.
yes, that's labor and material, but lets be honest here, I could do it myself, but don't WANT to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks