landscaping work, reasonable bid?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Philip_G, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

Here's a bid I got:

install 2 new sprinkler zones for the back yard, and run the drip line to the back of the yard so I can plant vines in the fence and keep them watered

Install 165' of french drain, 4 tons of pea gravel
    my back yard is a muddy swamp, this is a MUST

install river rock along the side of the house (5' by about 50') , along the back (40'x4'), and along the fence (40'x1'), 6 tons of rock

Build a flagstone patio, approx 10'x14'
    they'll have to regrade and do a bunch of crap I don't wanna do

for 3500 bucks my backyard would basically be done, all I'd need to do is reseed a couple areas and I wouldn't have to work my ass off all summer

sound reasonable?

2. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    For the area of the country you live in, I would say that is a fair price. Of course, YMMV. Obviously, if you do the labor yourself, you could save a ton of money...I added most of my own l/s and rear yard sprinkler system this past spring. The labor was no picknic but it came out very nice.

Best of Luck...

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Reasonable, that sounds cheap to me!

4. Spencer M

Spencer M Extra

Sounds about fair. Very good price for the sprinklers I paid $600 for 2 zones. I also did the stone patio 15x10 and paid $1100 but my landscaper got a deal on the stone and was nice enough to pass it onto me.

5. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Sounds fairly reasonable. I would still get a 2nd or 3rd bid to make sure though. Phil, have you thought about getting a stamped concrete patio instead of building a flagstone patio? They can do some amazing stuff with concrete these days. We were quoted ~$4,000 for a 480 sqft area which equates to $1,162 for a 10x14 area. BTW, did your bid include materials? I'm assuming it did.

6. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I had thought about concrete, but it's usually a bit more expensive.
    yes, that's labor and material, but lets be honest here, I could do it myself, but don't WANT to [​IMG]