What's new

k8v se deluxe bios update (1 Viewer)

wilfred_chan

Auditioning
hello all any chance any of u guys using the asus k8v se deluxe mobo? ive been trying to update my bios to 1008 my bios is still 1004.006 ive tried updating it using the asus update everytime i connect with ftp.asus.tw it tells me no proper BIOS image, but when i go to their site theres the new bios 1008. then i tried downloading it from ftp.asus.de it tells me "final 1004" version which the one i already have, then i tried logging in at asus's site and download the file change the file name with the recomended file name from the manual and the computer tells me unreable file, i really havent tried updating my bios using a floppy disk cuz i dont have a floppy disk is there anyone out there who encountered this problem and how was it fixed? and yes i wrote asus and its been 2weeks now no reply, thats why i decided to post a thread in here

advance thanks to all who would kindly reply

wilfred_chan

Auditioning
well theres no problem with the bios but isnt it highly recomended to upgrade the bios when theres a new one?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Only if there's a fix you need or a neato feature unlocked. I got the impression over the years a new BIOS means they get a # of complaints how so and so hardware has problems so they write a new one soley for compatibility's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks