Interesting Universal Interact Wheel - adapters

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by millercv, Aug 4, 2003.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

After my experience with the xbox wheel from Madcatz I had grown attached to a wheel but wanted to wait for a nicer one that supports xb live.

Anyway I was at Toys R Us and they have a couple of new universal interact wheels - they were pretty cheap so I picked one up. The interesting thing is when I opened the box there sat a PS2 to Xbox converter and a PS2 to GC converter [​IMG] Those can run you $15 each from online places so that made the wheel an even better bargain.

I've tried the wheel w/ the xbox and so far it hasn't done the "disconnected" message that happens with the MC2 (when you have vibration on). The wheel itself has a rather large dead space I believe but I haven't read instructions yet so there may be a way to change it.

----edit-----
    have had a couple of issues with it pausing but only in a particular instance... apparently there is something to the order of inserting it into the xbox and powering on the unit.

2. EdR

EdR Second Unit

MadCatz knows about the disconnect problem and will fix it for you. The wheels they've released since those with the problem are fixed as well.

They also make a universal wheel with the three connectors (Xbox, PS2, GC) at the end of the cable. I have this one and it's a very good wheel. I've owned a couple of Interact wheels and they were really poorly made, I returned both of them. So far the MadCatz universal is the best overall wheel, IMO.

3. millercv

millercv Second Unit

D'oh! Thought it was interact but i just looked closer at the box and it is actually "Intec" it is the only brand of wheel that our local Toys R Us sells now

Well anyway this one was a stopgap measure until the actual Force Feedback wheels come out. I had bought an MC2 about 2 weeks ago (when BB had a new shipment in - they were out for a while) and it still had the problem so I returned it. I really did like the feel of the MC2 a good bit.

I've heard that the Universal ones do work well out of the box (w/o the problem) but they don't have a slot for the xbox live adapter.

Actually I was going to buy a ps2 to xbox adapter for DDR when it finally came out so as long as I get $10 use out of the wheel I'll break even [​IMG]

4. EdR

EdR Second Unit

5. millercv

millercv Second Unit

No the Intec actually doesn't have the live slot but it was cheap enough that I would live w/o it for now (until the actual force feedback wheels for PG2)