What's new

In praise of XBox Tech Support (1 Viewer)

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted everyone to know I had an extremely good experience with Microsoft when my XBox failed.

Last Monday (5:30 in the afternoon) I went to turn on the XBox, and it wouldn't come on. Called Cutomer Care, and Austin registered my XBox, and overnighted me a return box. It arrived Wednesday. I packed up the XBox and followed the instructions to have it picked up. Airborn Express picked it up that afternoon. I got an email Thursday saying that they had received and an email Friday saying they had fixed it. When I got back home sunday from a short trip, it was on my front door step. They quoted me 7-10 business days to get it fixed and sent back, but in fact they did it in 4 for the entire process.

They did all this free of charge even though I bought it back in November which is way more than 90 days ago.

Yes, I was miffed the power supply died, but I'm grown up enough to know that kind of stuff happens every now and then, and have nothing but high praise for the way this was handled by them...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Wow! What an experience, if only my call to tech support was that great. I was handled buy a kid who had no-clue of how to fix my problem and didn't really seem to care. Instead of offering to repair or replace my Box he suggested that I exchange the game since it was the part that was malfunctioning. :rolleyes
Anyways sorry about my little rant. I'm glad you have a working Xbox & that MS is putting some quality care in their tech support.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Microsoft tech support is nothing more than a bunch of people who know nothing about what we discuss here at HTF. In my experiences, I found it most helpful to get one of these people on the phone, and ask them for a Microsoft technical engineer right off the bat. Saves time and fustration. Trust me!

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I also would like to chime in that I had a GREAT experience and challenge the two thread crappers here to cite who they spoke to at Microsoft and the nature of their problem. My Xbox was having disk read errors. I too was overnighted an airbounce express box, sent it out wednesday, and recieved a perfectly working X-Box by THAT Saturday. THAT is service.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Well, I have recently begun to have more frequent "disc read errors" on my X-Box with perfectly clean discs... So, today I called customer service. He informed me that, since my X-Box is out of the 90-day warranty, I would need to purchase the extended warranty ($49.95 for 2 years) unless I want to pay around $120 for a single repair. I felt like I had little choice, so I purchased the extended warranty. Now I have to wait 7 days for the warranty to get into their system, and then call them back if I am having problems with my X-Box. At least he assured me that repairs are handled very quickly as mentioned above by David..

I guess I am feeling mixed about their support right now... On one hand, at least they offer the extended warranty... On the other hand, it seems that these disc read errors are becoming a known problem with some of the units, and should be repaired free of cost...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks