What's new

HTF FANTASY baseball 2006......... (1 Viewer)

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator
I think people were just frustrated at not hearing from you so close to the draft date. I'm going to drop out of your league, since I don't have any keepers. Why don't you just continue to run the keeper league, and let Mark Murphy run the new league that he's started for people who don't want to play with keepers? That seems the simplest solution to me.

Also, do you have a solution for players in your league who do not have keepers? You still haven't addressed that.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
There's always room for two leagues, hell, I've reached the allowable limit for Yahoo teams;) . I took over the HTF league from John Thomas in '04 and I thought we had a good thing going too. There's no reason there can't be two.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I just got worried cause I have no keepers and we didnt here from you. I dropped out of the keeper and joined the other.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
It looks like the league has ten teams. I'm still reserving a spot for Corbin so for now, we need three teams.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm in both leagues now, the keeper and non-keeper. Same name in both: IndiansFan4Life.

I'll be able to make both drafts.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Corbin,

Please post the rosters from all of last year's teams that are again in this year's keeper league. It will help in draft strategy, and everyone needs to announce their keepers before draft time anyway.

I am still not sure how this is going to work out using the Yahoo draft as you will be relying on people choosing their keepers in some way which is a mystery (first 5 picks, etc. etc.).

This could get very very confusing and will severely penalize new teams unless you somehow assign old teams rosters to the new teams in some random manner.

J

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I haven't been around HTF much these days, but signed in to see if there was a fantasy team going. I signed in for the keeper league, since I played last year. But I don't have a clue as to who I had or how the keeper thing is going to work...

If we could post the teams somewhere and come up with a stradegy as to how the keepers will work... maybe we just take our keepers with the first 5 picks or however many we're keeping, then start the draft after that?

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Ross,
I thought I sent you an invite to the other league I started up. If you want in, theres a spot for you.

I thought the draft for the keeper league was last night. How'd it go? Did anyone receive a roster beforehand?

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

Well I checked in to draft and noticed that the draft date was pushed back (it would have been nice to get a notification) for the keeper league.

I too have no clue as to every player that was on my Roster at the end of next year. I also still have no idea how making this league a keeper league is even possible with free Yahoo.

Unless every other manager knows who was on the other teams rosters and who they are keeping, this could get very very messy (I just envision someone picking a player that another manager wanted to keep, and then they would be forced to work out a trade they may or may not want).

The more I think about this, HTF 1 should be a league that starts from scratch and does away with the keepers.

J

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I'm all for a non-keeper league... it's not really worth it unless you've got like 10-12 strong players that play every single year... I think that there's too much movement on who's playing year in and out.

Thanks, Mark, I may end up signing in for your league. We'll see how this other league works out.

Do we even have enough players to support two leagues? Maybe we just do one, non keeper league?

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
There are ten signed up for the league I started right now with room for four more. I extended an invite to Corbin as well.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Sorry about the confusion guys. When your computer is acting up, it makes life very difficult for a commish. I'll post the league rosters for all the teams and try to get a date agreed upon for the draft(It's the 12th right now,Sunday). My apologies for not informing everyone......................I just got a new router and should hopefully be online this week permanently from now on. I'm cseahawk on yahoo Instant messnger.........look for me there and my email is exactly the same as my ID. Hope this helps and I'll go into the other league as well.

The draft will be a snake draft with worst team picking first and best team last(i.e. I was 2nd last year..............I'll be 11th and 14th pick for 1st and 2nd round). The teams from last year that don't play this year will bge assigned to the new players and they can repick the keepers for those teams if they wish, as can everyone else. The daY before the draft, the keepers will be permanent. I hope this helps and I will post rosters sometime sunday. Any questions, please post in here and/or email me. Thanks.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
The way the keeper draft works is the first 5 rounds you draft the keepers you listed.....any mistakes with the rosters and/or keeper players will be corrected when the draft is over(i.e. if player is drafted by another team, the player will be moved to the right team when draft is finished). The rosters are as follows

1st place-Joe 12 packs

Lo Duca, Ortiz, M. Giles, A-rod, Furcal, Damon, Holliday, Matthews, Bay, Luis Gonzalez, Piazza. P:Beckett, Haren, Chacon, K-Rod, Timlin, C. Cordero, Foulke, Myers, Lackey, Odalis Perez, Carpenter

2nd-Indians

Barajas, Texiera, Utley, Wright, Tejada, Dunn, Guillen, Pierre, Barmes, Ibanez, Mora. P:Pettitte, Turnbow, Patterson, F. Cordero, Benitez, Harang, F. Hernandez, Escobar, Halladay, Radke, Morris.

3rd-Quakers.

Lopez, Klesko, Iguchi, Chavez, Peralta, Sheffield, B. Giles, Dye, B. Clark, D. Lee, Taveras(astros). P:Chacin, Big Unit, Colon, Isringhausen, Rodney, Benson, Fuentes, Lowry, Mulder, Hampton.

4th-Yankees

Posada, d. Young, Cantu, Ensberg, M. Young, A. Jones(braves), Vlad, Burnitz, Feliz, Clark, L. Ford. P:Hudson, Prior, Clement, Wagner(Mets), Wickman, Looper, Byrd, Maddux, Schmidt.

5th-Ball Maulers.

Varitek, Huff, Figgins, Beltre, Jeter, Dellucci, Francouer, Payton, Abreu, Weeks, Sanders. P:Loazia, Tejada, D. Davis, Guardado, Dempster, weathers, Glavine, Suppan, W. Williams, Livian, Duke.

6th-Talking Heads.

B. Molina, Sexson, Soriano, Glaus, Reyes, Burrell, Berkman, Podsednik, b. Roberts, Floyd, Wilson, Bonds. P:Clemens, K. Rogers, Garcia, Macdougal, Reitsma, Zito, Park, Young, R. Lopez.

7th-Hitmen.

Barrett, Delgado, Kent, Blalock, Nomar, Crawford, Ordonez, Griffey, C. Lee, Lane, Mench. P:Oswalt, Hermanson, Bonderman, Ryan, Shields, Piniero, Street, mesa, Lowe, Dotel, W. Miller.

8th-Cellmates of Bubba.

Pierzynski, Pujols, Loretta, F. Lopez, Renteria, Cabrera, Kearns, S. Green, Rollins, Jenkins, Hinske, Encarcion, Aramis Ramirez. P:Webb, Vasquez, Peavy, Baez, Borowski, T. Jones, Smoltz, Millwood, Tsao.

9th-Mauer, Casey, Belliard, Blake, Vizquel, Manny, Sizemore, Swisher, Bradley, Broussard. P:Blanton, Leiber, Westbrook, Hoffman, Urbina, Schilling, C.C. Sabathia, Johnson, Wakefield, Cliff Lee, Percival.

10th-Useful Idiots.

Inge, Morneau, Lugo, Hillenbrand, C. Guillen, Beltran, Garrett Anderson, Rowand, Hafner, Everett, Rolen, Nixon. P:Buehlre,Pedro, Capuano, Nathan, M. Batista, Sheets, Garland, Burnett,b. Chen.

11th-Bonds Boys.

Pudge, Helton, Castilla, C. Jones, Counsell, Suzuki, Matsui, Hunter, O. Cabrera, Konerko, J. Jones, Mark Gruzal. P:Ponson, Willis, O. Hernandez, Rivera, Bruney, Carlos Zambrano, Towers, Mussina, Lyon.

12th- Warning Track Outs

V. Martinez, Mike Sweeney, Biggio, Lowell, K. Greene, Edmonds, Wells, Alou, Giambi, Overbay, Freel, McPherson, Walker, F. Thomas. P:Johan Santana, Harden, Arroyo, Lidge, Mota, Weaver, Lilly, Oliver Perez.

snake draft-12th place picks 1st and 1st place picks last. Hope this helps and email and/or IM me!

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
There are currently three teams available for the non-keeper league. The draft is Thursday night at 8p EST. C'mon people, sign up!:D

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I'm not going to be able to stay with the keeper league. My office has blocked access to yahoo and without the ability to check lineups every morning, it will be real difficult to be competitive.

Thanks.
Todd

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

They blocked access to Yahoo? You work for Google or Microsoft or something? :)

Bumping this up to remind people in the keeper league that the draft is tonight at 8:00 Eastern/5:00 Pacific.

By the way, Corbin, the #9 team in your list is mine. IndiansFan4Life.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
They blocked access to computer game sites. I can visit Yahoo, but not the Fantasy Sport sections. Same thing applies with ESPN. I work in the banking industry.

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator
This is gonna be a huge draft - 14 teams, 22 positions, including bench - holy shnikees - I'm gonna be drafting guys I've never heard of in the last few rounds, I'm sure

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

Unless both league are drafting simultaneously, the only draft that I'm aware of tonight is the NON-Keeper league. I know Corbin changed the date of the keeper draft but I don't think its tonight.

The regular draft, which Mark Dill mentioned, is tonight and I will be accepting applications for 2nd place through 14th place. 1st place is reserved for me, of course.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks