What's new

HK AVR525 and Polk LSi9 (1 Viewer)

Rodel

Auditioning
Does HK AVR525 receiver works well with Polk LSi9?

Just bought AVR525 and planning to replace my Infinity RS3 with LSi9, but I'm concerned about the impedance matching with AVR525's 8ohms to LSi9's 4 ohms. Do they match well?

Thanks a lot.

DerrickW

Stunt Coordinator
I have listened to this combo and it works ok. Personally I'm getting the 15's instead of 9's, but that's a whole other discussion!

Anyway, I must say that putting the 9 on a separate amp is helpful. The 525 is nice, but the LSi benefit greatly from a dedicated amp. They are also rather inefficient, and have a 4ohm load, so they arne't too easy to drive compared to cheaper 8ohm speakers. I am actually planning on using a 525 as my processor, but with a separate parasound amp to drive the LSis. I'm not trying to tell you NOT to get this setup, as I have been very impressed during my two auditions using exactly that- a HK525 driving a LSi15 and a LSi9. But the amp will just make it better if you can swing the money now or down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks