What's new

Hitachi 60V500 vs Sony 60" Grand Wega - Help! (1 Viewer)

ChrisRk

Auditioning
I am planning to buy a rear projection LCD in the near future (we've ruled out CRT RPs because of size & weight). We've pretty much got it narrowed down to the Hitachi 60V500 and the 60" Sony Grand Wega XBR. After seeing them side by side at Circuit City, I was very impressed with the Hitachi's picture, especially considering that it costs $1000 less than the Sony. The one thing that concerns me though is that the Hitachi's resolution is 1280x720, where the Sony is 1366x768. Even though the Hitachi compared well to the Sony in store, I'm wondering if the resolution difference would make a difference once they were configured properly. Does anyone have any experience with these monitors that they could share?

ChrisRk

Auditioning
Sorry everyone - never mind this question. I noticed that the Hitachi specs I was looking at were for their Director's Series LCD (the 60VX500), not the 60V500 that I've actually seen in stores.

By the way, I'm new to the forum, but the knowledge I've already gained from being here has been incredibly helpful. Thank you everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks