What's new

Help with Bass Shakers! (1 Viewer)

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I just received a pair of Bass Shaker Pros in the mail today, and I was trying to make them work, with very little luck! THe only way that they would work is when I hooked the speakerwire of the left/right fronts to the subwoofer then use the speaker-out speakerwire to connect straight to the Bass Shakers. The biggest problem I find with this is that I lack the use of my Front Mains! I have not been able to figure out how else to make them work. I heard that with an older receiver, I could connect it that way, but I had no luck with that. I know I am doing something wrong! Please let me know what I can do to make these things work! Let me know of any advice you have also! Thanks!

Regards,
Jon

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Is your sub working with the sub pre out on your receiver? If so, split that pre out into two, one for the sub and one for the shaker amp. An old receiver will do just fine, use the CD/AUX or other input on the old receiver and hook them up, test it by hookig up a portable CD player or any other source just to verify that the old receiver is good and driving the shakers. If not, then the problem lies in the old receiver.

If your sub isn't working with the sub pre out from your receiver, you have bigger problems. Make sure the sub is set to on/yes and you are getting a signal.

What type of receiver do you have?

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Kenwood VR-3080 as my main Receiver. I AM using the pre-out for the subwoofer. Last time I tried splitting the pre-out to send the second signal to the older receiver, and hooked up the shakers to the left and right speaker-wire channels, nothing happened. I am not sure if I have the settings correct or not, but I will keep on fiddling with it. If you say it works this way, then I must be doing something wrong! Hopefully I'll get it to work! Thanks for your quick reply and I'll post back with any results!

Regard,

Jon

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
If your sub is working with the pre out from your receiver then the problem is with the old receiver/amp for the shakers. Be sure the input selector is set to the input you plugged the source into. Use AUX or CD like I suggested. Also, make sure the Speaker switch is on (the A/B switch on most receivers). Last, make sure you are connected to the proper output terminals on the amp. It should work this way. Are you sure the old receiver isn't dead? Has it worked with other speakers?

PomingF

Second Unit
You also want to make sure the power & impedance ratings of the Bass Shakers are compatible to those of your receiver. If not you may have to figure out a way to connect several of them in series/parellel to a final circuit that is compatible.

PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks