What's new

Have JBL N38, Ncenter, and N24's ... what receiver (HK avr120?) (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I was seriously looking at the AVR 120 to go with this setup. How would they sound together? The front 3 are pretty efficient (90db) so I'm not really worried about power, just want to match up a nice sub $225 receiver with DPL2 with these speakers. Any opinions? thanks

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Jason!

I have the H/K 120 and I think it is an awesome receiver. Don't be worried about the power rating of 40 watts per channel. Unlike almost all other receiver manufacturers, H/K conservatively rates it's watts. As a matter of fact, Harmon Kardon Receivers consistently test putting out *higher* wattage than the company claims.

My H/K 120 plays louder and cleaner than my old JVC that was rated at 100 watts per channel.

I am using it to run Paradigm Titans for front L & R, Paradigm LCR 150 for Center, and 2 Paradigm Micro's for rears, and the H/K has no trouble pushing them. They are all rated about the same sensitivity as the speakers you'll be using.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I figured it'd be enough power, just trying to figure out if it will sound good with the JBL setup. I was also thinking for $400 of geting the AVR320. Just for the future upgradeability. I know my wife won't like that though. : )

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
I think any H/K Receiver will sound good with JBL speakers. Both JBL and H/K are owned by the Harman Corporation, and while that doesn't guarantee ultimate compatibility, in this case I'm almost certain it is a safe bet.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks