What's new

H/K AVR 325 vs 525 (1 Viewer)

RyanW

Grip
Just wondering if there is really a $200 difference between these two receivers. Couldn't I buy the 325 and then in the future if I need more power purchase an external amp? Are there other differences I am missing? Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

RyanW

Grip
Great, my next question would be is a two year warranty worth 300 bucks? Costco, not authorized, has these for 499 a steal compared to 799 from authorized dealers. I guess it is a gamble, but I have never had to repair a receiver, knocking on wood as I speak.:)

mike_doyle

Agent
There is a great deal on the AVR 520 in the forum here.. From onecall I believe... The 520 is a fantastic reciever and can be had for less then the 325... it only has an amp for 5 channels with a preamp output for the two rears.. If you are only running 5.1 this would be your best bet.

It also has main ins unlike the 525.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Costco, not authorized, has these for 499 a steal compared to 799 from authorized dealers.
Circuit City, authorized, sold me the 525 for $699 on a price-match with Costco. They'll claim that they don't price match Costco, but if you press them, the'll tell you it's because Costco won't verify prices over the phone. Well, their web site will verify that price, and if you're nice to them, the people @ CC should match for you.

Considering the 525 lists for $999, you can't go wrong.

BTW, I love mine. Couldn't be happier.

ECost.com has the 525 for $618.82 shipped to your door (free ground shipping).
Check it out here
A couple of other places have it for $650.00 like Crazy Eddie and Etronics. I'm probably going to have to pick one of these up soon. I just have to sell one of my old receivers first.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
The 520 is at $499 at JandR.com and they sometimes will ship free- they are authorized, too. A lot of people are choosing it over the 525 due to the main ins and external amps can be added later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks