What's new

Good value for Yahama RX-V1? (1 Viewer)

GlennA

Auditioning
Hello everyone: I have a chance to buy a new Yahama RX-V1 receiver at about $1,700. I know it's not the latest in technology, but the sound reproduction quality for music CD's is so excellent and comparable to newer receivers costing as much as a thousand more, I'm thinking it might still be a good "investment." I have a home theatre system I'll be using this for, but I also play music CD's on the system. Even though I know that the system has become outdated in some respects, I'd welcome your feedback as to whether it's still worth that purchase price. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers,
Glenn

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Glenn,

The RX-V1 is certainly an excellent receiver, but I think you should be able to pick one up for less than $1700 since it has been replaced by the RX-Z1. I have seen posts in which this unit was available for $1000 to $1500.

Good luck,

Cliff

I paid $1299.00 for mine less than 2 months ago and could'nt be happier. Mine is the gold model I assume your refering to the black model for the $1700 asking price.

GlennA

Auditioning
Yes, that's correct. For some reason, the Gold model is selling at Soundtrack for $1,299, whereas the black model is selling for $1,700. I think the Gold models they have left are either floor models or reconditioned units.
One other note: I know I could buy for less on the internet, but having local service available is important to me. And, there's the issue of warranties. I'm leary of purchasing electronics on the internet from sites that may or may not offer the manufacturer's warranty. I know I'll spend more buying retail, but Soundtrack does have a 60-day price guarantee - they'll match any price as long as it's an advertised retail price...

David-T

Grip
$1,700 is kind of to high for this receiver. I,ve seen it for sell here for $1,500 and a $1,000. You may want to check out Tweeter here in Texas and see if they'll ship to you.
http://www.tweeter.com
There may be other people who can also help you on this as far as purchasing one. I had the RX-V1 and traded it in at Tweeter's for a RX-Z1. They ended up selling mine for $1,000 and it was only 2 months old. The RX-V1 is a pretty good receiver and you will be happy with its performance.;)

Glenn
I would assume that Soundtrack is owned by the Tweeter Corp. If so see if they can locate you a gold one. They have a ton of stores across the U.S. I know mine is not a refurb.
Matt

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Across the country ,Tweeter and it's slaves have the gold at $1299 nib (few left I've heard) and black nib coming in @ aweek at $1399.........tough to beat.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks