What's new
World Wide Stereo

Good online shop for Onkyo receivers? (1 Viewer)

Richard.J

Grip
Hello all. I'm looking to buy an Onkyo TX-SR702, and was wondering if there are any really good deals on Onkyo equipment online. I've found Yamaha for great prices at etronics.com (it's another brand I'm considering), but they don't carry Onkyo. Thanks for any help on this.

edit - Add Integra to the mix. Seems the Integra DTR-4.5 has all of the features I need (and costs less than the 702). Thanks again.

728x90

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
JandR sells Onkyo and usually offers free shipping. I picked up a refurb 502 for the basement with an extended 2 year warranty for under $200. They are authorized as well...

Richard.J

Grip
They are the same company, however dealers who carry the Integra gear are less common (and very hard to find on the internet, based on an hour of searching).I'll check into JR.

Edit - dang, they have the 702 for 400 bucks. I'll see if I can find the Integra, otherwise I'll go with that. Thanks guys.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
A company that is authorized to sell Onkyos may not be authorized to sell Integras. Some audio companies (Denon, for one) will not honor the warranty if the component was bought from an unauthorized dealer

Jeremy_R

Stunt Coordinator
vanns.com
onecall.com
jr.com
bhphotovideo.com
6ave.com
4electronicwarehouse.com
electronicexpress.com
bestpriceaudiovideo.com

eddieZEN

Second Unit
JandR are extremely reliable, have very reasonable prices and are often negotiable---that's where I'd look first.

Etronics.com is known to have nice deals on refurb Onkyo but you don't get the manufacturer's warranty and some people have reported bad experiences with the dealer.

eddieZEN

Second Unit
Richard,

Forget the 702, onecall.com has the 801 for $600 shipped...HUGE price drop for the next step up!

Also, the 801 has an Ethernet connection which sounds really nifty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks