What's new

Good & Inexpensive 5.1 Speakers (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
I've got a friend at work who purchased my old home theater receiver and is now thinking about buying a surround speaker set-up. He can't afford to spend much and would feel guilty if he did because he always puts his family first. (He drives a beat up old car just to save $$$ for his kid's needs). Anyway, I wanted to give him some ideas for an inexpensive 5.1 set but I don't want to recommed poor sounding speakers either. Is it possible to find a decent 5.1 speaker set for under $300 ??? And if so, please offer your suggestions.

(Administrator, Could you please move this thread to the "Speakers & Subwoofers" forum. I thought that's where I was... I am so embarrassed. :b )

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
JBL's NSP set can be had for ~$200 online, plus a decent $100 sub, maybe a KLH? Or maybe the Parts Express sub but shipping will blow the budget, possibly.

Good Luck!

DavidLM

Agent
Onkyo SKS-HT510 $279

These are great speakers and are 6.1 so if you upgrade to 6.1 later you are set.

The ones listed above are good as well.

review at cnet dot com

DavidLM

Agent
Onkyo TX-SR501 is the best in that price range without question.

The panasonic 912k is great if you want automatic speaker set up.

Jon_Miller

Auditioning
David, he is in the market for speakers, not recievers, and while we are on the subject of receivers, the JVC RX-7032V is just as good or better than the Onkyo. It certainly is sexier to look at...

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
G -

That link didn't work, either...?
Accessories4less.com , the AR package of 6x 5.25 speakers plus the 10 or 12, yep.

I haven't heard them personally, but I've heard good things about them. For the money it sounds like a HELL of a deal. If I had nothing going I'd really look into it.

Good luck!

SeanA

Second Unit
Thanks everyone !!!

There are more good suggestions than I expected. I will pass all these on to my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks