What's new

Geometry question - Avia crosspatch and "straight" lines (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Using the Avia crosshatch patter (inverse mode) --- the vertical and horizontal lines that make up the "checkerboard" look should be entirely straight. Now, I know my overscan was corrected a bit --- as a result, the lines near the edges show more bending which is one of the flaws on my set.

However, there is some slight bend in some of the lines around the ceenter of the crosshatch pattern. I don't notice any distortion when I watch movies, etc., but is this something I should try to correct.

I've also been making convergence tweaks here and there every so often so this might be part of the problem. What are your thoughts about this?

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
If it doesn't bother you while you're watching a movie, it probably isn't worth the bother to fix.

The convergence tweaks probably contributed to the slight distortion.

Brian G.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
So, next time, I should make a more conscious effort to make the convergence tweaks so the lines become more straight.

I am having to make tweaks approximately once a month (or even more) because the room my RPTV is in has HUGE temperature contrasts. The room is an addition with a separate heating system. At night, it's turned off. So, the room gets quite cold now. In the evening, I turn the heat on and the temp goes way up.

It won't be a problem much longer as I will be moving by the summer and will make sure I have a better HT arangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks