What's new

FS: Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router (1 Viewer)

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router w/4-Port Switch (Model No. BEFSR41 ver.2)

Brand new. Opened, but never used. $80 shipped.

Please e-mail me if you have any questions. Thanks.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Pat,

I see this router all the time at BB, CC, CompUSA or the likes for $60, so you probably won't find any takers any time soon.

-Christian

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info Christian...I bought it a while ago for a lot more (while I was waiting a couple months for the cable company to sort out our cable problem, when we finally got the new modem hooked up, it had two ports built in to network our two computers). I had no idea what the current asking price is, so...

The price is now lowered...$55 shipped.

Any takers?

Westly T

Second Unit
FYI:
Just a warning to COX subscribers: A friend had this router and due to something about how this brand of router works, COX disabled it's use and he could not get it to work again. He had to go and buy another brand (Netgear) router to get up and running again. I think it was something about it did not completely conform to the standards and allowed COX to identify it. It also doesn't allow you to change the address so once they disabled that address it can't be used. Most routers do allow this address to be changed. I don't have all the facts as I have a Dlink router that works fine, but many COX customers had this problem with the Linksys routers and I think the computer forums have more info on this. I'm not aware of problems with any other cable modem service providers and other this problem this router is known to be a solid performer.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
Wes, I think the latest firmware update does allow you to change the MAC address on this unit. I have had this router for about 2 years now with no problems. I know the MAC address was an issue, and I think I saw it as an added ability the last time I flashed the firmware.

RG

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
I currently use the 8 port version of the Linksys router with Cox Internet service with no problems. You have to use the MAC address cloning to gain access to the network.

Thanks
Tim K.

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, knocking another five bucks off, it's now...$50

I will also entertain trade offers if you're so inclined. Thanks

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Pat,
I sent you a PM
I have $43.17 cash in my paypal account will that do?
I would hate to charge $6 and change.
I will give you an iou, for the other $6.
I sold a sub to a member, I should see additional cash in the paypal account in a day or two.
So consider it SOLD.

I have a need for this.

Paypal payment sent Pat.

Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks