What's new

FS/FT: Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player w/ V for Vendetta - $80 (1 Viewer)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I have for sale a 5-month old Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD player. It is not refurbished and was purchased new. It's in like new condition in the box and includes the original UPC (still on the box) and original receipt. It is still eligible for the free HD-DVD rebate which I can also include a copy of. I'm also including a "V for Vendetta" HD-DVD (like new, watched once, including case).

I'm asking $80 + $10 shipping. I'd also consider a trade for a Harmony remote such as an 880, 720, or Harman Kardon TC 30. Other interesting trades, such as a GSM BlackBerry or other smart phone will be considered.

Please PM me or email me at [email protected] . Thanks!

drottie

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren Onwiler
Stephen, Thanks for getting back with me, still waiting for the tracking number. Darren

drottie

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren Onwiler
Stephen,
I've tried to be patient but, I paid you for the player going on a month ago (Nov. 5th) and I still have not received it yet. You have not been able to provide me a tracking number so I can not even validate that you have even shipped it yet. I work from 6:00pm tonight until 6:00am please call or leave a message at (618)407-5349 or email with a tracking number which will confirm delivery on or before this Friday, 12/7. Again, I've tried to be understanding about not getting the unit, I realize people get busy, but like I said we're going on 1 month now. If I do not receive at least a valid tracking number by tomorrow afternoon, I will cancel the payment. Darren

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I had the same issue, no communication no product received and no response from Stephen to my repeated PM here or email. I did get a refund after over 2 months but never got an explanation. I can only speculate, but maybe he is too busy to tend to sales like this. Here is the thread where I suffered through exactly the same issue as you are describing.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...29#post3203429

Chris

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In light of these reports, the account of Stephen Hopkins is suspended, until the staff hears from buyers.
Darren, will you please PM me to let me know when all seems to be cleared up?

Thanks.

JarrettJ

Stunt Coordinator
I had a similiar story when buying these

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ighlight=swans

Took too long to ship (at least couple of weeks) with numerous emails trying to reach him....
They then arrived totally smashed up...the pacakaging was insufficient for 5 lbs speakers let alone 40lbs...he actually put them both in the same box with little packaging....they just smashed into each for the duration of the destination to my address...
VERY frustrating dealing with him....in the end I did get reimbursed part of my money.....I was vigilant on keeping contact.

It is too bad how feedback works and forum for sale postings....my situation with him was unpleasant but I didn't want to post anything or tarnish his name...I thought this was maybe an isolated case....I put nothing either way on the GTL and maybe I should have to help the next person not get screwed...but then you stand the chance of that person leaving -ve feeedback just out of spite....I wish now maybe I should have posted something, but it is too late...I hope your situation gets resolved.

drottie

Auditioning
Real Name
Darren Onwiler
Copy of Message sent to Admin:

Toshiba A1 from Stephen Hawkins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cees, First let me thank you for your concern and prompt action regarding my issue. I did finally receive the player from Stephen, and it is as described and does function. I honestly believe Stephen has best intentions however seems to have a very busy schedule, his customers seem to pay by delay, However I have spoken with the man and he is a polite and respectful person, so I'm sure he just suffers from lack of time, not ill intent. That being said please don't suspend his account any further based on my issue. Best Wishes to You and your family throughout the holidays, God Bless, Darren

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
All right, I'm glad Darren informed us about the way everything was neatly solved, apparently. I also do hope that other issues are (were) solved in a similar decent way.

For the moment we will gladly re-instate Stephen as a member here.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks