What's new

Front Projector Options Opinions (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Beal

Agent
I have a dedicated room in my home that is 14'x14' square with a 8' ceiling and I am looking at selling my 55 inch Mitsubishi rptv for a front projection unit. I was at a local a/v store and I really liked the sony-hs10 yet someone told me to wait and look into the sony-hs20 , does any one know of any other unit's to consider at the $3000k to $3500k price range that would be at least 1024x768 res and 1200 lumens. Someone said something about a yamaha unit but I dont know anything about there Front projectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or even point me to another thread with some answers thanks alot.

sincerely, Jeff

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
Jeffery

I was in the same boat as you for buying a FP. I researched until my fingers were blue from typing. I narrowed it down to the Sanyo Z2 and the Panasonic L500 both are LCD. I just bought the Sanyo the other day. It should ship first of next week. Under $2000, and had an excellent review on Projector Central. I came across alot of people on this forum who have it and is very pleased with it. I had to buy it sight unseen due to the fact that I live in a smaller metro area and no one carries it. Check out the review with the link below, also has a three year warranty, most others are one year. Good luck to you.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/sanyo_plv_z2.htm

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
One of the benefits of the HS20 is its wide aspect ratio of 1366x768 as opposed to the 4x3 a.r. og 1024x768, something that will benefit you greatly when it comes to displaying widescreen material, dvd's and hdef.

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
NEC makes some excellent 4:3 projectors in that price range. There's the LT240k and HT1000. People always write about the beautiful colors.
I never read about a mention of a rainbow which people seem to always say about a DLP projector. Perhaps they identify with the X1 too much which seems to always have a problem with rainbows.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/format_resolution.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks