What's new

Existing Separates Sytem...upgrading to 6.1?? (1 Viewer)

Scott F

Auditioning
I have the following:

Denon AVR 2600 (Pre)

Carver 705x THX 125x5 Power Amp

Technics DTS/DD Decoder

I have just recently completed the new HT room in my house. I also pre-wired a center rear speaker for 6.1 upgrade. Do I have to gut the above equipment and go with a 6.1/7.1 receiver? Whoch I dont want to do , or can I just get a single amp and a new decoder? I need some guidance. I would really hate to give up the Carver for sure.

Thanks

Scott F

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Scott,check out www.parasound.com They have a new product that you can hook up to a existing 5.1 system.I believe it's called CSE 6.1.It's around $400 list price and will give you DD-EX and DTS-ES matrix.It also has a extra ceiling channel which was originally designed for DD-EX,but theaters would not pay the $ to install the speakers required:thumbsdown: If this doesn't work for you,I'd be happy to remove that Carver from your rack;) Hope this helps.

derek

Second Unit
Check out my faq. You can use an external prologic decoder or something similar to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks