1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Existing Separates Sytem...upgrading to 6.1??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott F, May 16, 2002.

1. Scott F

Scott F Auditioning

I have the following:

Denon AVR 2600 (Pre)

Carver 705x THX 125x5 Power Amp

Technics DTS/DD Decoder

I have just recently completed the new HT room in my house. I also pre-wired a center rear speaker for 6.1 upgrade. Do I have to gut the above equipment and go with a 6.1/7.1 receiver? Whoch I dont want to do , or can I just get a single amp and a new decoder? I need some guidance. I would really hate to give up the Carver for sure.

Thanks

Scott F

2. Wayne McRae

Wayne McRae Stunt Coordinator

Scott,check out www.parasound.com They have a new product that you can hook up to a existing 5.1 system.I believe it's called CSE 6.1.It's around $400 list price and will give you DD-EX and DTS-ES matrix.It also has a extra ceiling channel which was originally designed for DD-EX,but theaters would not pay the $ to install the speakers required[​IMG] If this doesn't work for you,I'd be happy to remove that Carver from your rack[​IMG] Hope this helps.

3. derek

derek Second Unit

Check out my faq. You can use an external prologic decoder or something similar to upgrade.

4. Scott F

Scott F Auditioning

Thanks for the leads guys....THE CARVER STAYS!

Scott F