What's new

DTV receiver and The Bowl (1 Viewer)

andyg

Agent
I am thinking of purchasing a RCA DTC-100 to use on my FPTV for the superbowl party I am having. I live about 50 miles from the transmission antenna's. I was wondering how well these boxes are working for people? How about the Toshiba DST3000?
I have cable but it looks like crap. I have been testing local channels via DirecTV, but the picture is soft upconverted to 1024x768 by my scaler. Any input would be great(ie antenna, can I use it in the attic, etc)..
--Andy Garabedian

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
I live forty-some miles from stations in DC and Baltimore and I get OTA from two UHF Winegard CA-9095's, (one is pointed to DC and one is pointed to Baltimore), using a model 6000 receiver. Oddly enough, I get perfect reception from DC stations, with a signal strength of about 65 to 72 and can only get half the Baltimore stations while Baltimore is really closer to me. I do not, at this point, have a preamp either, but may install one later if I really feel the need to get those 2 stations which are not locking in well. (I don't know if it will help me enough to justify it and those stations are duplicated by DC stations anyway...) I used "Titantv.com" to calculate compass direction for those stations. It was easy to do and I never even asked my installers to tweak after setting the antennas at 100 degrees for Baltimore and 150 degrees for DC. Strangely enough, WETA comes in best and strongest of all and it is at 160 degrees. It may be that they are sending out a stronger signal- I am not sure. The DTC-100, I have heard, does pretty well, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks