What's new

Does your "13 Days" DVD do THIS? (1 Viewer)

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
In the Infinifilm link at about 53:00, the one to "the Soviet response to Kennedy's speech", there is an interview clip with Sergei Khrushchev (Nikita Khrushchev's son). And with my disk, the clip ends with him in mid-sentence while the screen freezes in a course pixelized image. Does this happen with yours as well, or is this a defect in my disk?
- Gary

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Gary,
I have this film and haven't opened it yet. If you can give me a chapter, I can look at it when I get home tonight.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Gary Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Adrian, sorry it's taken me so long to respond; I've been having troubles getting onto the forum. In answer to your question, it happens in chapter 15. In fact, when you use the Infinifilm scene selector, it is the first link in the chapter. Thanks!
- Gary

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I am not having problems at that point, but I am having problems during the multi-angle extras sequence. It skips around between the 5 angles and jidders and repeats as if on an a-b loop. My rental behaved the same way as my purchase copy.
I have a Tosh SD-1008 with the latest firmware. I am starting to beleive that this DVD player will never have the right firmware to play all my movies well and am going to stop recommending Toshiba players. I personally sold about a dozen Tosh players in the last 3 years. :|
I am getting bad audio droputs on DD titles, about 2 per movie. The firmware was supposed to address that.
Sony next timem perhaps?
------------------
Ivan Lindenfeld
I call it "Extreme Hometheater" Ask me about the Audi TT!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I don't know jack squat about hardware, but I know enough not to get Toshiba. From what I've heard and from my friend's Toshiba DVD player, Toshiba isn't the player to get. By the way, is there a "bad" layer change sometime during the reading of the letter or something? I'm not being exact, but there was a part in the movie where the screen freezed, but then it went on.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
[Edited last by Dome Vongvises on August 22, 2001 at 11:11 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks