Denon AVR-3806 or Rotel RSX-1057 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by TylerZ, Sep 16, 2006.

1. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Upgrading the family room HT. Anybody want to comment on the 2 receivers on my shortlist? I've got a Denon now and like it, but it doesn't have HDMI switching which I want to go with my new TV and DVD player. I've seen/heard the Denon, but the closest Rotel dealer is an hour away and keeps pretty much bankers hours, closes at 5:00 M-F, closed on Sunday.
    TIA

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Rotel RSX-1057 gets my vote. You'll get better quality components, honest wattage, and less bells and whistles than the Denon AVR-3806. You just need to decide if the Rotel has all the features that you will need. [​IMG]

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Tyler

I am confused about the Rotel 1057, does it have 5 channels of amplification or 7?

Thanks

4. Alon Goldberg

It has 5 channels but can be expanded to 7 by adding a two-channel amp.. http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rsx1057.htm

"The RSX-1057 features an option that provides for the simple addition of a two-channel amplifier to expand your home theater options to full 7.1 should you desire it."

"Continuous Amplifier Power: (Five channels driven) 75 watts/ch (20-20k Hz,

5. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

I just added the Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi and Yamaha RX-V2600 to my shortlist. The Denon and Rotel, while killer receivers, don't have provisions for a set of 'B' speakers which we have in the kitchen/dinette area. I gotta consider TWF here, she insists on having music in there. I really don't want to hook up a whole system or add another amp to make it work. I'm leaning toward the Pioneer.

6. Alon Goldberg

The Denon AVR-3806 does support two zones, plus it has pre-outs for a second or third zone. You could certainly have a set of 'B' speakers in your kitchen. This would be my first choice for receiver in your price range if you require multiple zones.

As for Yamaha, the RX-V2600 is being replaced by the RX-V2700, definately worth considering.